Jean-Luc Godard's 'A Bout de Souffle' is one of the brightest stars to shine from the French New Wave. The plot reads almost like a crime thriller typical of the 1930-40's. However intriguing the plot is, it is secondary to the presentation. Revolutionary at the time, the whole movie was shot on hand-held camera, with the inclusions of jump-cuts which still surprise and delight today.
'A Bout de Souffle' is the films original title and is used here, inspired by how it appears in the credits. Mimicking it's meaning, 'Breathless' is placed, almost secondary, in brackets in a seperate color. The shade of yellow features promonantly on the international poster as does the font in which 'Breathless' is written. The use of 'old fashioned' filming techniques inspired the composition of the poster. The image and layout resembles that of a Polaroid - the square photo and white underlay, as a tribute to Goddards techniques.
- 16 X 12 print on 300mg semi gloss photo paper.
- Edition of 150 - signed and numbered.
- Original was hand drawn using 3B pencil.
- If you wish to return or exchange any portion of your online order, please complete the Return Form and include it with your return shipment.
- We accept returns within 30 days for any reason (unless otherwise noted on the product page).
- Returned items must be in original condition, unworn, and include any labels.
- Refund will be issued to original payment method.
- You will be responsible for return shipping costs of non-defective merchandise.
- Please contact us at info@paper8apparel for return address.