Upon its release in 1995, Showgirls was ravaged by critics and audiences alike, but in the time since it has gone on to become a camp classic of the 'so bad, it's good variety'. I wanted my design to be both trashy and tacky and a little bit controversial, embodying all of the things people love about the movie.
The hot pink is used throughout the film and the turquoise blue is taken from Nomis jacket she wears on arriving in Vegas. The Title font is taken from the trailer of the film, and I chose to use if for its fluidity in addition to the star on top of the eye. It is both what Nomi moved to Vegas to be, and is also as cheap looking as her costumes and make up.
The image is of Nomi and her mentor turned arch nemesis Crystal kissing which added the spunk I wanted and reflects the movie perfectly.
- Original design is an alternative movie poster of the movie SHOWGIRLS, created entirely with pencil.
- Digital print on high quality American Apparel white T Shirt / Tank Top.
- The digital print ensures that the detail is transferred to the garment, and that the color stays true to the original drawing.
- The design measures 10 x 14 inches on the front of the Shirt.
- If you wish to return or exchange any portion of your online order, please complete the Return Form and include it with your return shipment.
- We accept returns within 30 days for any reason (unless otherwise noted on the product page).
- Returned items must be in original condition, unworn, and include any labels.
- Refund will be issued to original payment method.
- You will be responsible for return shipping costs of non-defective merchandise.
- Please contact us at info@paper8apparel for return address.